A simple and tasty fresh creamy strawberry sauce that has many versatile uses.
Pour over waffles or pancakes. An easy but tasty way to change up how you serve waffles.
My mom used to make something similar in my childhood we would eat it with cornbread and it was such a treat. We would usually enjoy it in the summer when the strawberry season was in full swing.
Ingredients needed for this strawberry sauce:
- Strawberries- Homegrown or from the strawberry patch will be amazing in this sauce.
- Heavy cream- makes this sauce rich and creamy.
- Sugar- add to your preference and if you get fresh strawberries from the farm you probably won't need to add as much sugar.
Recipe Substitutions you can make:
Heavy cream can be substituted for and equal amount of half and half for a less calorie option.
Instead of strawberries I have used blueberries and the sauce was just as amazing!
Step-by-step instructions on how to make the Creamy Strawberry Sauce:
1. Clean and quarter strawberries and place them into a blender.
2. Add 1 cup heavy cream and ¼ sugar into the blender.
3. Blend and pour into a small pitcher and pour over waffles, pancakes, or crepes.
FAQs about this recipe
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to leave a 5-star rating. As well as leave a comment if you have any questions or what you enjoyed most. Be sure to tag us on social media #juliesapron or @juliesapron for a chance to be featured on our page. These small gestures mean so much for the success of my blog! Thank you for following along and if you are new here, welcome; I hope you stick around and enjoy all the recipes!
CREAMY STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 1 lb strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- Clean and quarter strawberries and place them into a blender.
- Add 1 cup heavy cream and ¼ sugar into the blender.
- Blend and pour into a small pitcher and pour over waffles, pancakes, or crepes.