Brioche French Toast Casserole is a classic spin on regular french toast. The soaked bread makes a custard-like filling with a crunchy sugared topping. Making this french toast bake is an easy way to feed a crowd. I knew I had to share this recipe because it's the perfect make-ahead breakfast for the weekend, holidays, or when you have houseguests and want to spend less time in the kitchen.
Prepare this the night before and the morning of waking up, pop it into the oven, and go back to bed until your timer goes off! You have a delicious breakfast with very little effort.
- Brown Sugar
- Brioche Toast
- Vanilla Extract
- Powder Sugar for dusting
- Butter for Topping
- Brown Sugar for Topping
- Cinnamon for topping
Instructions for preparing French Toast Casserole:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Melt butter and add lightly packed brown sugar, mix and pour into the bottom of your casserole dish.
3. In a medium bowl beat eggs until frothy then add milk and vanilla. Set aside
4. Dip a bread slice and layout on top of the melted butter and brown sugar. You can lay the bread slices flat or arrange them to your liking. Pour the remaining egg and milk liquid over the laid-out bread slices and then top with brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter slices. Bake in preheated oven uncovered for 40 minutes.
Serve with maple syrup, fruit, or jam.
Can I make this French toast casserole ahead of time?
If making ahead cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator overnight. Before baking spoon the mixture from the sides on top again and bake adding 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to leave a 5-star rating. As well as leave a comment if you have any questions or what you enjoyed most. Be sure to tag us on social media #juliesapron or @juliesapron for a chance to be featured on our page. These small gestures mean so much for the success of my blog! Thank you for following along and if you are new here, welcome; I hope you stick around and enjoy all the recipes!
BRIOCHE FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- Casserole dish
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1¼ cup light brown sugar reserve ¼ cup for topping
- 1 loaf texas toast/ brioche
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powder sugar opt. for dusting
- 2 tablespoon butter for topping
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt ½ butter and add 1 cup of lightly packed brown sugar, mix and pour into the bottom of your casserole dish.
- In medium bowl beat 4 eggs until frothy then add 1½ cup milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract . Set aside
- Dip a bread slice and layout on top of the melted butter and brown sugar. You can lay the bread slices flat or arrange them to your liking. Pour the remaining egg and milk liquid over the laid-out bread slices and then top with sprinkled brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter slices.
- Bake in preheated oven, on the center rack, uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until the edges are golden.
Make ahead option:
- If making ahead assemble as described above, cover with plastic wrap and place into the refrigerator overnight. Before baking spoon batter from sides on top again and add 5-10 minutes to the baking time.
- Serve with maple syrup, fruit, or jam.