This dip consists of creamy cream cheese, and crunchy bell peppers, and is finished with some fresh garlic and dill making this dip oh so amazing salmon dip. This dip idea came to mind when I would have leftover salmon and let's be honest salmon doesn't reheat the best, so I came up with a way to use up the leftovers in a new way. Of course, you can also make this dip with canned salmon if you don't have any leftovers. This dip is always a hit when entertaining and the perfect dish to bring to a pot luck, you will leave with an empty plate.
Ingredients you need to make salmon dip:
-cooked/baked salmon (leftovers work very well)
-salt & pepper
I=Instructions on how to make Salmon dip:
1.Place 8oz of cream cheese to soften.
2.Prepare your salmon by breaking it up into flakes with a fork.
3.Dice ¼ of a bell pepper into small squares.
4.Finley chop up a handful of fresh dill.
5.Peal and prep about 4 garlic cloves to be minced.
Place all the ingredients into a bowl. 2 cups of salmon, 8 oz of softened cream cheese, 4 garlic cloves minced, ¼ diced bell pepper, a handful of chopped fresh dill, 1 teaspoon of salt, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper.
Mix together with a spatula until smooth and creamy.
You can serve this salmon dip by placing it in a bowl with crackers around or place a tablespoon of dip on a cracker and serve ready to eat topped off with fresh dill.
Recipe tips and Substitutions:
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- 2 cups cooked or baked salmon leftovers work very well
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ bell pepper chopped
- 2 tbp fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Set cream cheese side to soften
- Using a fork mash up salmon
- Dice bell pepper into fine cubes
- Chop dill
- In a large bowl add mashed salmon, softened cream cheese, minced garlic, chopped bell pepper, chopped dill, salt, and pepper mix everything very well until combined.
- Enjoy on a baguette or crackers!