This homemade cinnamon sugar spice mix is about to become your secret weapon in the kitchen. Whether you're craving a cozy Snickerdoodle, or cinnamon rolls, or simply want to sprinkle some magic on your morning toast. With this versatile blend, you won't need to rely on store-bought versions anymore.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy here.
Prepare to make this perfectly proportionate cinnamon & sugar mix once and always have it on hand to make the best cinnamon rolls or apple hand pies. This sweet spice mix is used in so many desserts, so it makes sense that you would spend 2 minutes making a bulk portion of this spice mix and always have on hand to add cinnamon sprinkles to everything!!
- ground cinnamon
- white sugar
See recipe card for quantities.
1: Gather Your Ingredients: 4 cups of white sugar and 4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Add the ingredients into a mixing bowl so you will be able to mix together more easily.
2: Whisk It Together: Using a whisk or fork, thoroughly combine the sugar and cinnamon. Ensure that the mixture is evenly blended, and the cinnamon is distributed throughout the sugar. This is where the magic happens!
3: Transfer your homemade cinnamon sugar mix into an airtight container or jar. This will keep your blend fresh and fragrant for months to come.
This homemade cinnamon sugar mix is your kitchen's versatile treasure, ready to elevate your culinary adventures. Whether you're baking, brewing, or simply sprinkling, this blend will bring a touch of sweetness and spice to every bite. So, go ahead, and make a batch to have on hand.
Brown Sugar: Feel like adding a deeper, caramelized flavor? Substitute half of the granulated sugar with brown sugar for a richer taste.
Nutmeg or Allspice: For a unique twist, replace a portion of the ground cinnamon with ground nutmeg or allspice to infuse different dimensions of flavor.
How to grind cinnamon sticks at home:
In a Blender: Add the cinnamon sticks into a blender, and blend on high for 30 seconds. Check and stir, then repeat until cinnamon sticks turn into powder if needed sift into a bowl to make sure no clumps remain.
In a Coffee Grinder: Grind cinnamon sticks in a spice grinder until they become a fine powder.
- Mixing Bowl: A mixing bowl is needed to better mix the ingredients. It provides a convenient and spacious container for combining the sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Whisk or Fork: A whisk or fork is used to blend the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon effectively. Whisking also helps break up any clumps in the sugar and ensures proper integration of the spices.
- Airtight Container or jar: It helps maintain the freshness of the mix by preventing moisture and air from getting in. This ensures that your homemade cinnamon sugar mixture retains its flavor and aroma for a longer period.
Your homemade cinnamon sugar mix can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to six months. To keep the flavors at their peak, avoid exposing it to moisture.
Enhance the aroma and flavor of your cinnamon sugar mix by using freshly ground cinnamon. It packs a more intense and aromatic punch compared to pre-ground cinnamon.
While it's primarily designed for sweet treats, don't be afraid to experiment! A pinch of cinnamon sugar spice mix can add a delightful surprise to certain savory dishes, like roasted vegetables or BBQ rubs.
Absolutely! Scale up the ingredients accordingly, and store the excess in a larger airtight container.
Powdered sugar can be used, but it will give you a slightly different texture. It's best for applications where you want a smoother finish, like dusting over donuts or cookies.
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
CINNAMON SUGAR SPICE MIX
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 Airtight container
- 1 Whisk or fork
- 4 cups white sugar
- 4 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Gather Your Ingredients: 4 cups of white sugar and 4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon. Add the ingredients into a mixing bowl so you will be able to mix together more easily.
- Whisk It Together: Using a whisk or fork, thoroughly combine the sugar and cinnamon. Ensure that the mixture is evenly blended, and the cinnamon is distributed throughout the sugar. This is where the magic happens!
- Transfer your homemade cinnamon sugar mix into an airtight container or jar. This will keep your blend fresh and fragrant for months to come.