If you're looking to make spicy sushi mayo at home, it's a simple and versatile condiment that anyone can make.
This Spicy mayo recipe goes great with sushi, sushi bowls, sandwiches, sushi bakes, and any other dish that you want a condiment with a kick. I started making sushi recipes to satisfy my sushi craving at home and realized how simple it is to make your own spicy mayo to use as a sushi condiment.
Ingredients to make Spicy Mayo:
- Mayonnaise- It's best to use japanse mayonaise such as Kewpie.
- Sriracha sauce
- Sweet chili sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
Combine all sauces ½ cup mayo, 2 tablespoon sriracha, 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce into a bowl and mix.
Mix sauces until smooth and creamy.
Feel free to try different ratios of this spicy kewpie mayo condiment to suit your personal taste preferences.
- Mayonnaise – For a vegan friendly option you can use vegan mayonnaise.
- Sriracha Sauce – Some people like using other hot sauce types, but I think Sriracha gives the best taste.
If you would like to make a bulk portion and store it in the refrigerator use a:
- A squeeze bottle is most convenient for applying to sushi, and sandwiches.
- Mason jar- Using a mason jar makes it simple to mix, store, and use from the same container.
Storing your spicy mayo sushi sauce:
Store ready-made sriracha mayo sushi sauce in an airtight container for a month in the refrigerator.
Store in a squeeze bottle with an air tight lid for easy application to your favorite dishes.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
- Instant pot sushi rice
- Sushi Bake
SPICY MAYO RECIPE FOR SUSHI
- 1 squeeze bottle
- ½ cup Japanese mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
- Combine all sauces ½ cup mayo, 2 tablespoon sriracha, 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce into a bowl and mix.
- Mix sauces until smooth and creamy.
- Feel free to try different ratios of this spicy kewpie mayo condiment to suit your personal taste preferences.