The only Banana bread that you will make from now on it's ultra moist and packed with banana flavor.
A little trick I learned will help reduce waste and ensure you always have ripe bananas on hand. Is mashing ripe bananas and freezing them in a Ziploc freezer bag until you are ready to bake banana bread.
- Baking soda
- Brown Sugar
- Ripe bananas
- Sour cream
- Nuts for topping optional
How to bake Banana bread that is ultra moist?
In an electric mixer place 4 ripe bananas and blend until well mashed and no chunks remain. Then add the remaining wet ingredients ¼ cup sour cream, 2 eggs, and ½ cup melted butter.
In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¾ cup brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt. On low speed slowly add dry ingredients to bananas and wet ingredients in the mixer. Mix until well incorporated.
Pour your batter into greased loaf pan and top with nuts (walnuts, pecans. Place into a preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
Take out of the oven let cool and flip out onto a wire rack to cool to room temperature
Enjoy banana bread with a cup of coffee!
How to store banana bread to enjoy longer!
Do NOT refrigerate banana bread! When refrigerating the cool air removes the moisture from the bread leaving dry and stale banana bread.
Place cooled banana bread in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and store on the counter for up to 4 days!
Other recipes you might enjoy:
NUTELLA PUFF PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE
If you enjoyed this recipe make sure to leave a 5-star rating. As well as leave a comment if you have any questions or what you enjoyed most. Be sure to tag us on social media #juliesapron or @juliesapron for a chance to be featured on our page. These small gestures mean so much for the success of my blog! Thank you for following along and if you are new here, welcome; I hope you stick around and enjoy all the recipes!
Ultra Moist Banana Bread
- Loaf Pan
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Butter Melted
- ¾ cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Sour Cream
- 4 Ripe Bananas mashed
- Nuts for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In an electric mixer on medium speed mash 4 ripe bananas and blend until well mashed and no chunks remain. Then add the remaining wet ingredients ¼ cup sour cream, 2 eggs, and ½ cup melted butter.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients 2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ¾ cup brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon salt. On low speed or with a spatula by hand slowly add dry ingredients to bananas in the electric mixer. Mix until well incorporated
- Pour your batter into a greased loaf pan topped with nuts (opt.) and place into the preheated oven. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean. My loaf pan is thin and long so if you have a shorter and thicker pan you will need to bake longer until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Take out of oven let cool and flip out onto wire rack to cool to room temperture.