– 2 puff pastry sheets thawed– ½ cup Nutella– 1 egg– coarse sugar opt. for sprinkling
-Roll out puff pastry sheets -Spread Nutella onto the puff pastry and top with a second layer, ensuring the edges match.
– Cut out a triangle shape and make sure to cut through both layers.– Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay a triangle (Christmas tree) on top.
– Cut even pieces on both sides of the triangle making sure to leave an inch uncut middle.– Twist each sliced branch twice and lay the end flat.– Use a star cookie cutter to create a star for the top of the tree out of the extra
– Beat egg to create an egg wash and brush onto the Christmas tree with a pastry brush. Top with coarse sugar for a glistening sparkle effect.
– Bake in Preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and puffed up.– Decorate with crushed candy canes, Christmas mini m&ms, or powder sugar. Enjoy with a glass of milk.
Visit www.juliesapron.com for full recipe or google "Julies Apron Nutella Puff pastry Christmas tree"